An interest in developing and progressing Louise's expertise from garment design, making and construction, to cloth construction and surface design led her to graduate with a BA (Hons) in Textiles and further this experience with an MA Textiles (Distinction) at UCA.
Louise has taught across a number of different areas within Textiles - joining UCA as a textile technician for screen print, weave and digital print in 2008. During this time Louise studied a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in the Creative Arts, in addition to working alongside her technical role as a Learning Mentor and Support Assistant for students with learning difficulties.
Louise moved on to the Royal College of Art as a Specialist Technical Instructor in Weave before returning to UCA in March 2016 as Senior Lecturer in Weave.
As well as both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching Louise is a Textile Teacher at City Lit London, providing short courses for the adult learning sector. Alongside Louise’s teaching she is a textile practitioner.
Professional Membership, Affiliation and Consultancy
- Member of Contemporary Applied Arts London
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- March 2019: Josef & Anni Albers Foundation. 2 month Artist Residency, Connecticut USA.
- March 2019: A-N The Artist Information Company, Arts Bursary Award.
- March 2019: Heritage Crafts 'Maker of the Year' Award 2019. 1 of 3 makers shortlisted for award.
- October 2018: Anni Albers, Tate Modern Exhibition London (Woven Commission).
- 2016: Theo Moorman Trust for Weavers Award: For the purchase of specialist equipment
- 2013: Crysalis Young Professionals Programme. The Textile and Innovation Centre, Ronse, Belgium
- 2012: Theo Moorman Trust For Weavers Award: To carry out a specific project bringing together both Louise’s Fashion Design and Textile specialisms.