Welcome to our International students

Welcome to UCA! We are delighted that you have chosen us!

Every year, we host a free International Induction event for all new International and EU students on each of our campuses. However, due to ongoing restrictions owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re unable to hold these.

Our Schools and International Studies departments are planning a series of small events and online meet-ups to ensure you get to know your new teachers, your classmates and most importantly, make new friends!

These will take place during your enrolment and induction weeks.

BRP Collection

BRP Collection

  • What is BRP

    It is a Biometric Residence Permit. All students who have a Tier 4 visa for over 6 months have to collect this, and it is an important visa requirement. You should collect this within 10 days of arrival.

  • Where to collect your BRP

    When you applied for your visa you should have specified where you would like to collect your BRP from, and the address will be confirmed on the visa acceptance letter from UK Visas and Immigration. This letter may also indicate a date when the BRP will be ready for collection at the Post Office. If the BRP is not at the Post Office when you go to collect it, don’t worry as sometimes they arrive later than the date specified.

    Note: Take your passport, with entry visa attached.

  • What if there is an error on my BRP or it is lost or stolen?

    Contact visaadvice@uca.ac.uk for more detailed information.

    If you notice a mistake on your BRP, such as your name, or conditions of leave, you should let the Home Office know as soon as possible. You should also let the Home Office know if your BRP is ever lost or stolen. You can do this by visiting the relevant section of www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/need-brp.

How to register with a GP

How to register with a GP

  • What is GP and Healthcare service in the UK

    Staying healthy is important to make the most of your time in the UK. It is important that you are registered with a GP (General Practitioner) near you. National Health service (NHS) provides a comprehensive service to register international and EU students except dental and optical services.

  • How to register in Epsom and Farnham

    For students at Epsom and Farnham, you will be able to register with a local GP on each of the campuses during the induction week.

  • How to register in Canterbury and Rochester

    For students at Canterbury and Rochester, you will have to register with your local GP on an individual basis. For more information, please join our International Induction Event. You can speak to a Specialist Adviser on each campus to find out more information.

Registering with the Police

Registering with the Police

  • Who needs to register

    If you are an international student with a Tier 4 visa for over 6 months, and are from the following countries, you will need to register with the police:

    Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen.

    You should register within 7 days of arrival, or as soon as possible after collecting your Biometric Residence Permit.

  • Farnham and Epsom campuses

    For students in Epsom and Farnham, the local Police registration officer will be at the campus during the induction week and help you register. You will need to book your place on the UCA Online Store (link will be added closer to the induction date)  as soon as possible as we have limited spaces available. If you fail to attend the meeting or come without a booking, you will not be able to register on-campus and will have to go to a designated Police station to register.

    Epsom: dates, times and venue to be confirmed.

    Farnham: dates, times and venue to be confirmed.

    The time slot is only available for a new international student. If you need to change your address or any information from your previous registration, please speak to a visa compliance adviser or International Student Support Co-ordinator for more information.

  • Canterbury and Rochester campuses

    There will NOT be an on-campus registration date. Please attend the International Induction Event to find the procedure or speak with a respective campus registry and find out how to register to the police.