Sam McElhinney currently leads the BA and Master of Architecture courses at UCA Canterbury. He has previously run MA and BA degrees in the same school.
- Aug. 2019 to present Programme Director BA Architecture, Master of Architecture, PG Certificate Professional Practicein Architecture and Level 7 Architecture Apprenticeship.
- Aug. 2016 to July 2019 Course Leader (BA Architecture) UCA, Canterbury School of Architecture.
- April 2015 Guest Lecturer in Residence, ‘Visual Morphologies’ University of Texas, Austin.
- Aug. 2014 to July 2016 Course Leader (BA Interior Architecture and Design) UCA, Canterbury School of Architecture.
- April 2014 to date Association for Professional Studies Advisors in Architecture - Committee member.
- Course Leader (MA Architecture, MA Interior Design) Aug. 2013 to July 2016 UCA, Canterbury School of Architecture.
- Research Associate (Space Group) Sept. 2013 to Aug. 2014 UCL's Bartlett School of Graduate Studies Developing realtime isovist based syntactic spatial analysis methods.
- Jan. 2012 to Oct. 2015 Thesis Tutor (MA Graduate Architectural Design) UCL's Bartlett School of Architecture.
- Oct. 2006 to May 2014 Studio Tutor (BA Architecture Third Year) UCA, Canterbury School of Architecture.
- May-December 2013 Research Consultant (Design with Heritage Programme) UCL's Centre for Sustainable Heritage and The V&A Museum Virtual articulation and manipulation of the narrative experience of real exhibition spaces.
- January 2012 Certificate in Professional Practice & Management UCL's Bartlett School of Architecture (ARB/RIBA Part 3), graduated with distinction/commendation.
- August 2010 Postgraduate Advanced Architectural Research UCL's Bartlett School of Architecture.
- July 2009 MArch UCL's Bartlett School of Architecture.
- July 2003 MA. (Cantab.) Cambridge University.
- +44 (0) 1227 817 302