I am a Student . . .
I am a Teacher . . .
UCA’s National Art & Design Saturday Club is suitable for students who are studying or have an interest in creative subjects and would like to develop their skills and portfolio.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- be aged 13-16
- be able to attend the whole 20-week programme and final exhibition.
The aim of the Saturday Club is to provide an opportunity of free art & design tuition within a higher education environment to students who may not otherwise have the chance to access such opportunity. This may include students who have little or no experience of Higher Education in their family.
As such, priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Would be the first generation in their family to study at higher education level (e.g. Degree, HND, HNC)
- Are currently eligible for Free School Meals
- Come from a neighbourhood with low overall progression rates to higher education (determined by postcode using POLAR 3 data)
- Are from a black or minority ethnic (BME) background
- Are in, or have lived under local authority care
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Have a disability
- Have not previously attended a UCA Saturday Club programme.
This information will be gathered via UCA’s Saturday Club programme application form and will be assessed by the University’s Schools Engagement & Outreach Manager and Market Development Manager.
Once the application deadline has passed, we will consider all applications against the priority criteria listed above to determine who will be offered a place. A decision will be sent in writing to confirm whether a place on the programme has been secured, and successful applicants will be asked to confirm their place in writing. Where the programmes are over-subscribed, un-placed applicants who meet the criteria outlined above will be kept on a waiting list and allocated spaces should they become available.
If an applicant decides not to accept their offer, they must inform the Schools Engagement & Outreach Manager via email as soon as possible so spaces can be re-allocated where possible.