Laura studied Fashion Textiles Design with Business Studies (specialising in Weave), at the University of Brighton, graduating in 2008 with First Class Honours.
After working in industry she set up as a designer-maker at Cockpit Arts in London in 2012. She produces a range of luxury handwoven textiles while also working as a freelance designer and workshop tutor.
While working for UCA, Laura completed a Masters in Textiles (receiving Distinction) in 2019, supported by the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust.
Professional Membership, Affiliation and Consultancy
- Clothworkers’ Foundation / Cockpit Arts Award 2012
- Theo Moorman Trust Award 2014
- Bradford Textile Society 2017 Commendation.
- Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust Award 2018
- Makers’ Art Collective member
- Contemporary Applied Arts member