Study abroad

Your university experience at UCA can reach far beyond the South East of England.  

At UCA we offer you the opportunity to study abroad as a fully recognised and accredited part of your degree course. We have strong collaborative links with partner institutions worldwide and our experienced team can help you take advantage of the opportunities available to study outside the UK.

Studying abroad can be a life-changing experience. Living in another country, you'll experience new places, people, cultures and possibilities. You'll develop initiative, independence, motivation and, depending on where you go, a working knowledge of another language – all qualities employers are looking for. 

Exchange student information

There are two types of exchange options available - a funded Erasmus+ exchange or an international exchange, each of which normally lasts three to five months. If you are on a undergraduate degree, exchanges tend to take place during your second year in spring term.

We have links with over 80 partner institutions across Europe and further afield, including Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Korea and the USA.

Read the most frequently asked questions by outgoing UCA exchange students. 

Exchange FAQs


Students congregate in the Quad at Farnham


If you are studying at any of our many partner institutions, we'd love to welcome you to UCA as an exchange student.

UCA is a specialist university with over 150 years of experience in supporting and developing creative arts students. On our courses you have access to the latest industry-standard facilities. You'll also find that our unique student communities share and inspire one another in creative disciplines.

If your home institution does not have a formal partnership agreement with UCA, unfortunately we can't consider your application.

Partner institutions

International student receiving tuition

Student testimonials

Each year students from UCA take part in exchanges at institutions in Europe and Internationally.

Find out about the experiences our students have had on their exchanges.

Read our student testimonials



Erasmus+ is a European funded programme that aims to promote and support student mobility. As an Erasmus+ student you will have the opportunity to spend between three and five months abroad at a Erasmus+ partner institution in Europe as an approved and recognised part of your studies at University for the Creative Arts. and will receive a grant which contributes towards extra costs you may have during your exchange period.

Discover more about Erasmus+ Study Placement.

Erasmus logo

If you wish to study at a non-Erasmus+ partner institution this is the option for you. However, this type of exchange offers no financial support in the form of grants or otherwise and you must therefore be prepared to cover all extra costs (e.g. travel, accommodation) yourself. Generally, this type of exchange would also be for three to five months.

Two students discuss graphic design

Academic staff mobility

UCA has a large number of well-established partnerships with HEIs across Europe and the rest of the world, and actively encourages staff to carry out teaching visits to these partners for monitoring and staff development purposes.

Teaching visits usually last between three days and two weeks, during which time you would be expected to carry out teaching activities in agreement with the host institution. There are two types of academic staff mobility; unfunded international mobility and funded Erasmus+ mobility (eligibility criteria applies).

To apply please download the application form.

Non-academic staff mobility

Mobility activities are now open to non-academic staff. You may be able to apply for a funded Erasmus+ placement (eligibility criteria applies) with partner HEIs or business for staff development purposes.

 To apply please download the application form.


Workshops, conferences and projects

There is also the offer of attending international workshops and conferences, to stay well-informed on European and international issues. Furthermore, you can participate in small international projects, generally funded by the European Commission, the Regional Development Fund and other sources. Such projects tend to be run by the Course, College or Department involved, but managed centrally by the Study Abroad Office.

For more information on any of the above, please contact a Study Abroad Coordinator or the Study Abroad office at

Contact us

If you have any questions or need more information, please email

My Courses


Course level

Course title