To qualify for a bursary, you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student
- Live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- Have a qualifying means-assessed annual household income
- Be paying full fees of at least £9,000 a year
- Receive the government's tuition fee loan and full maintenance loan for living costs through Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
How to apply
You don’t need to fill in a separate application for a bursary. We’ll automatically check your eligibility using the data you provided to the Student Loan Company for student finance.
So that we can access this information, please make sure that you (and any sponsors) give your consent for the Student Loan Company to share your financial information with us.
Other important information
We cannot answer individual enquiries regarding bursaries. If you are approved for an award, you can expect to receive confirmation in writing around the middle of December and expect to receive payment from the following February.
You must be actively engaged in study at the time of payment and should understand that the University may seek repayment from you if you are ineligible at time of payment.
Please note, there is no longer a UCA bursary available to any student who started their course prior to the 2012/13 academic year or any student who started their course from 2012/13 onwards and who is liable for the lower full regulated tuition fees of £3,465.
If you have any questions about our bursaries please contact: email@example.com
Access Agreement 2017/18
Read our full access agreement